Nourishing Your Whole SelfHome Study Course
- Are you deeply healthy?
- Not just free of disease or illness, but living with a profound sense of vitality that sustains you as you move through your life?
- Are you able to guide yourself with discernment, skillfulness, and confidence towards the actions and attitudes that support rather than hinder your own vitality?
The truth is, not everybody can say yes to those questions. Most of us were never taught how to become a conscious steward of our own vitality. We never learned the art of receiving feedback from our body and being or the skills to expertly guide ourselves towards our own thriving.
And that’s exactly why I created Nourishing Your Whole Self.
Become Your Own Holistic Health Guide
Hi, I’m Dr. Deborah Zucker, licensed Naturopathic Physician and Transformational Health Coach at Vital Medicine. I believe health is the sum of your entire experience in this life, and that being human (and living in these wonderful bodies) is both a gift and a responsibility.
If you feel a desire to understand the hidden connections between what you experience physically, what you feel emotionally, and how your mind works, you will find nourishment here.
If you learn things better by exploring ideas and trying out new skills at your own pace, rather than trying to keep up with someone who talks at you, you will find a home here.
I created Nourishing Your Whole Self to give the power back to you. I want you to feel confident making choices about your own health. I want you to know how to take care of yourself in the ways that work best for you. I want you to know exactly how your physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual selves work together to create holistic well-being. I want you to thrive. I want you to flourish. And, I know that empowering you to be your own holistic health guide will give you the foundation to do just that!
What is Nourishing Your Whole Self?
Deborah’s Nourishing Your Whole Self program was vital to expanding my understanding of nourishment in all realms of my life – physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual. Her approach of integrating lecture, writing, and practice made each session uniquely engaging. Each session offered new information and ideas for personal practices – some easy to start immediately and others more challenging, requiring a deeper commitment. Deborah is a knowledgeable and thoroughly delightful teacher. The class has inspired me to build pathways of nourishment for my body, mind, and spirit, opening to a life of vitality and joy.Kippy Messett
Nourishing Your Whole Self is a web-based program with 8 eye-opening learning modules where you are free to explore at your own pace, gather vital knowledge and create new habits that will support you in living with greater vitality.
You’ll learn the physiology of your own body (aka how your physical body operates) and how you can best nourish yourself with everything from food and exercise to shifts in how you breathe, how you tend to the patterns of your own thoughts and how you relate to yourself emotionally.
In this journey of self-nurturance, each of the 8 learning modules supports you in stepping away from relating to your body (and yourself) as parts to be managed, issues to be addressed or symptoms to be subdued. Instead, you will acquire the skills to nourish your whole self.
Whether you’re already on the path of conscious self-care or exploring holistic health for the first time, life does not stop for any of us, and it’s important we come to know our whole selves. The more we know about our whole selves (aka our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual selves) the less we need to rely on anybody else to tell us what will make us feel most energized, vibrant and alive.
If you want to discover (and influence!) what’s going on inside your body, your emotional life, the life of your mind and the wanderings of your spirit, this gentle-yet-comprehensive course is for you. It starts with learning how all these seemingly separate parts of YOU flow together to give you your sense of who you are, as well as who you may become.
As you deepen into a more holistic understanding of health and cultivate more mindful day-to-day habits, your options in life will expand and you will become more and more skillful in the art of living.
When you sign up for this self-guided course you’ll…
Taking this course opened up a new way of looking at my health. I was able to think about my body as a living system that has connections to the world around me, and this shift is empowering me to make wiser choices about my environment and activities. Deborah is a skillful facilitator, able support the growth of novices as well as more experienced students, and she is so personable that it felt like she could easily have been in the same room.Tori Walters
- Learn how your physical body works on a basic, functional level (this knowledge is fascinating & essential to becoming empowered around your health)
- Get clear on ALL the factors contributing to your well being (there are so many things we don’t even realize affect us!)
- Get to know yourself more intimately to discover what truly nourishes you physically, emotionally, mentally, & spiritually
- Become comfortable making different choices when it comes to your health & doing what feels right for you
- Discern how and when to to ask for help from outside experts and when to listen to your own body instead
- Feel better & more in charge of your health, every single day and become your own best guide in your health journey
The 8 Learning Modules
The Home Study Course is comprised of 8 learning modules. Each module contains a 30-60 minute audio teaching and a 4-7 page writable pdf reflection workbook that includes:
A detailed explanation of the anatomy and physiology of the associated body system
Science & research relevant to the specific topic
Guided awareness practices, meditations, and experiential exercises
Reflection practices to help you integrate what you learn into your daily life
Deborah is an incredible teacher. It is obvious this is not just what she is educated in, it is the way she lives.Johnna Larsen, LMP
Module 1: Conscious Embodiment
You’ll learn how to:
- Explore what it means to “be embodied” at every level of your being
- Redefine the ways you nourish yourself, live with vitality and embrace your health
- Cultivate greater consciousness and intimate self-awareness
- Honor the gift and responsibility that is being human – by learning what that means & how to celebrate it
Listen to a 5 minute clip from this introductory class:
Module 3: Elimination Pathways
You’ll learn how to:
- Best support your elimination pathways – and this goes far beyond your organs and cleansing!
- Understand the deep, incredible connection between your physical elimination pathways and your mental, emotional and spiritual health
- Graciously let go of what no longer serves you (another form of elimination) in your body, your heart, and your mind, as well as on a spiritual level
Module 5: Thoughts & Emotions
- How your thoughts and emotions influence your physical health and well being, both immediately and over time
- How the stress cycle works — and explore its effect on your physical, emotional, and spiritual selves
- What “somatic intelligence” is – and how the different levels of your being communicate with each other
- Biofeedback tools you can experiment with to consciously regulate your body, deepen your awareness, and prevent many common and chronic health conditions
Module 7: Structural Integrity, Exercise, and Flexibility
- How the structural alignment of your bones and tissues influences all aspects of your health and well-being, from obvious aspects like posture to much more subtle expressions of alignment and vitality
- How moving, strengthening, and stretching your body impacts strength and flexibility on other levels of your being, including the psyche, emotions, and spirituality
Module 2: Digestion, Nutrition, and Eating
- All about your digestive system and basic nutrition (which might not be as simple as you think!)
- How the way you view food and eating — the meaning you give this amazing ritual — reflects in your overall health
- Which foods to eat to best support your well-being, on every level (and how the way you eat — including how you FEEL while doing it — influences your overall health)
Module 4: The Breath
- How your respiratory system works and the impact it has on your entire well-being (this is huge!)
- The essential ancient, vital connection between breath, spirituality, and mortality
- How to breathe the right way to heal your body, prevent disease and rebalance your nervous system (and experience for yourself the spiritual power of focusing on the breath)
Module 6: Sleep, Relaxation, and Recreation
You’ll learn how to:
- Rest in a way that heals and revitalizes your nervous system, regenerative capacities and psycho-emotional-spiritual well being
- Truly relax on every level (and why this is so important to your health)
- Get the true, restorative sleep your body craves & nurture yourself through play
Module 8: Sustainable Life Practices to Nourish Your Whole Self
- A new perspective on creating sustainable change in your health journey
- How simply getting in tune with yourself (and using self-compassion, curiosity and gentleness) can help you become healthier & happier than you ever imagined
- How to honor the paradoxes and complexity around caring for your ever-evolving self
- How to integrate your personal development, spiritual growth, and health together into one path (even if you’re already living consciously)
- How to cultivate flexible life habits that will make you healthier and more nourished on all levels – that fit seamlessly into your current life
If you feel a desire to embrace a new relationship with yourself, your body and your life journey why not start today?
Why not become more skillful in your self-care this month? Why not make the coming year the year where you nourish your whole self?
Gift yourself access to this self-paced program and you’ll begin to shift your perspectives about health and embodiment and relate to yourself in new, more sustainably nourishing ways.
Prior to taking Dr. Deborah’s Nourishing Your Whole Self program I think that my definition of health was narrow (even though I am a physician). I decided to take the course to teach myself new ways to “get healthy” and thought that I might get some new tips on ways to eat healthier, exercise healthier, and think healthier. Throughout the course I learned to expand my view of health to be much wider and more interconnected. I learned to begin to approach my own health more like a symphony conductor – to draw on my current strengths and to build a nourishing support system around me.Dr. Emily B., MD
Deborah helps people to gently grow closer to who they are, who they can be. For me the Nourishing Your Whole Self program was a clarifying and deepening journey. The key take away for me was to be gentle and friendly to my body, in almost the same way that the mind needs to be gentle and friendly to the current moment. Thus, moving towards closing the body mind duality that my upbringing conditioned me to.Thomas Dunser
What I loved about this program was the broad perspective it gave me on my relationship to my health and my body. The information gave me more knowledge of my physicality but also how the ease and well being of my body effects my ease and well being in all of life. The changes are subtle, small but profound, giving an experience of what nurturing a vital physical presence might mean in my life. I recommend this seminar for just about anyone with a body who wants to be in love with their life.Leslie Fitch Johnson
If your overall health is important to you (and if you’ve read this far, I know it is), now is the time. Why wait another day to become your own holistic health guide, to empower yourself, and to nourish your desires to thrive and flourish by living in a more vital and awake body?
Still Not Sure? Do You Want a Taste of What This Journey Will Feel Like?
Experience my teaching style and approach to the art and science of nourishing your whole self by exploring my Self-Directed Learning page.
Receive a weekly dose of actionable
wisdom, tools, and inspiration to transform and
catalyze your health journey.
Work With Me
Explore at your own pace with my courses, books, audios and videos.
Work directly with me through a virtual series of personalized, transformative sessions.
Group Programs & Retreats
Go deep with my virtual and in-person retreats and educational programs.